Pages

Monday 8 February 2010

Installment #2 - CAUTION:Contains mild crafting

Twice in one day. I have much to tell. :)

Do you remeber way back when I mentioned something very exciting had come up but I couldn't say anything right away? Well now I can tell you (although now it's a little late thanks to our lovely internet connection). I was asked if my crochet hair bows could be in Inside Crochet Magazine! Woo hoo! Someone likes me!

First page of the spread.

Second page of the spread. Look! Look! There we are! Bottom left.


I ofcourse said yes, and the issue that is in shops right now has a feature called "things we like" and there I am! Well, actully, there the small person is, modelling my large aqua crochet hair bow. The very sad news of this is, I can't seem to get hold of a copy! If anyone has any idea where I might be able to find one, please let me know!

They did send me a pdf of the spread (jpegs of which I've posted above), but it's not the same as having the solid paper there in your hands to grin stupidly at.

I also have more new exciting news that you'll have to wait and see about in a few more weeks time! I hope you like being kept in suspenders! :)

Other crochet type crafting that has taken place includes this cushion cover I made for the small person's bedroom to match her new bed covers and curtains (that I still haven't finished). She loves it, I love it, Mr Bogert just about gets it, so it's all good. I love crocheting bobbles! I would cover all the soft furnishings in crochet bobbles if I didn't think it would look odd and people would think I was crazy.


Bobble front of cushion


Back of cushion showing pink star button fastenings.



As you may or may not remember, I helped teach my mum to crochet last year and then bought her a set of crochet hooks and made a roll to keep them in for Christmas. Well she's really taken to it and has started to collect "the art of crochet" and make the squares for the throw they give instructions for. It's going to look great when it's finished. I thought I'd like to have a go at making a throw the same design, so she's lending me each installment when she's finished with it. So far I have 2 squares, but would have had 5 if I could work out where I'd put my pink yarn. I found it, I thought "that's the colour I need", I put it somewhere ready to use and the house pixies hid it again! (It's probably with that elastic I never found).

No comments:

Post a Comment