Pages

Sunday 24 May 2009

A lovely way to spend a day (or two)

Rob has returned! He got back very late Friday night, so I've put away the sewing so we can have lots of family time. We normally only get Sundays together with him working Monday to Friday and me working Saturdays. We spent most of yesterday walking around Coombe Abbey Country Park. The weather was so nice. Alex got to ride a donkey called "Barney" then we played ball games on the grass after our walk. We made a last minute decision to go out for dinner to an indian restaraunt that we've only ever had take away from. So yummy! Then we took another little walk across to the spinney in our village. (I think this was to ease our guilt at the amount of food we just ate!).

Today we went for a walk across the fields. It's incredible just how blue the sky has looked the last 2 days! On the way back we stopped at the park and bought ice cream when the ice cream van came by. We're just waiting for my sister to arrive to watch Alex while we go and have some grown up time at the cinema. We're going to watch "X-Men Origins - Wolverine". Two absolutely perfect days with my lovely family, and tomorrow we're taking my Nana and Grandad to the Cotswolds. Bourton on the Water and Broadway to be precise. Can't wait!
So as we've been so busy, I have very little craft to show you. I'll just leave you with this picture Alex made. It's her family tree, and every apple has a tiny drawing of a family member :)

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment