Pages

Monday 27 August 2012

Baby Crochet Blanket

My absolute best friend all through secondary school and sixth form has just recently become an Auntie. Her older sister gave birth to a lovely little boy earlier this month, and they named him Zachary (what wonderful taste they have!).

I've been crocheting as fast as I can to finish a blanket I made for them, but I wasn't quite fast enough. I have only just finished it.




 


The main body of the blanket is made up of treble crochet, then the border is double crochet, with a 2 row blue stripe, finished with an eyelet type edging. It's the first time I've used this yarn an I absolutely love it! It was so nice to work with. It is Cygnet Silcaress DK. The main colour is Winter White, but I can't remember the blue name and can't find the label right now, sorry!



It's only a pram size blanket, but I hope they like it anyway.

I also made a few cards:


This one for the new parents


and two like this, one for new Auntie Lisa, and one for the new Grandparents.

7 comments:

  1. At the moment, no, but I will do my best to add one to the blog in the coming months. It is very simple once you get going. Thanks for the interest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pattern Yet? :)

      Delete
    2. Sorry - not yet. I have just (today!) finished the last work for my degree. I'm looking forward to finally having some free time to blog and craft again. I'll put the pattern at the top of my list :)

      Delete
  2. Do you have instructions just for the eyelet border? I'm making a blanket for my son and I would love to finish it with this border! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just came across this gorgeous blanket, and see that you posted it in 2012. Is there a pattern available for this beauty?? I'd love to do one for my twin grand-children, as I feel it would make a fantastic keep-sake for them. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! And so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete