Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2009

Crochet play :)

Woah! Few days (unintentional) blog holiday. Since the costumes have been finished and toddler group is on it's summer break, I've been trying to catch up on all the dull stuff like housework, inlcuding, but definately not limited to, a humongous pile of washing and ironing. Boo, hiss to the laundry chores!

Anyway, to keep me sane (as close as it's going to get), I've been playing around with my crochet. I've been making little hearts and flowers. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with them as yet, I've just enjoyed experimenting. I did attach one to a hair band for the small person though.

I've also nearly finished that new crochet project I mentioned in the last post. It's a little summer cardigan for Alexandra. I've been using a pattern I have, but modifying it (by sheer guess work) because I'm using a different size hook and I'm making it for a 3 year old and not a baby. I'm quite pleased how it's turning out. I'd love to make another, but I'd bet you anything I wont remember what alterations I made as I went along. I got this far with one ball of yarn. I need to do another repeat of the lace pattern (4 rows) to get it to the finished length, then I need to use the lace pattern to create little cap/short sleeves. Then it's just buttons. I wont be able to get any more yarn until Thursday though.



Tomorrow my lovely husband is taking me to see Harry Potter at the cinema as a birthday treat! Yay! He has put in a request that I don't sit there through the whole movie saying "well that wasn't like the book" or "they missed out a bit". I say it's my birthday treat and I can sit there and repeat exactly those 2 things every time I feel like it! So there.

My actual birthday is Saturday and I will have reached the grand old age of 27 (not too bad, then). We're having friends round for a BBQ that may get rained off. If it does, it wont matter we'll still have an ace time and Rob will just have to cook indoors. I must admit, I don't ever feel that old as most of my friends went to school with me, and I was one of the youngest in the year, so they always have their birthdays first. So, I'm always the baby. It's great having a summer birthday.

1 comment:

  1. very cute crochet projects!!

    In answer to your jam question: my neighbor said that it will last 3 or 4 months because this jam doesn't have the pectin in it. However, I wonder about that because a lot of jam recipes don't have any sort of pectin in it just sugar and fruit. So I would think this jam would last more than 3 or 4 months. Last year I think we used the last one around 5 or 6 months. Plus when you can fruit you just use a sugar syrup and they last all year. just my two cents...

    ReplyDelete