Pages

Thursday 8 November 2012

A Warm Woolly Rainbow

(Firt of all, this yarn is bright - put your sunglasses on!)

It is the Small Person's birthday coming up at the end of this month and the last time we were out shopping she saw this yarn and loved it. It is Cygnet Seriously Chunky in (aptly named) Macaw. It does look bright and full of yummy colour, though I must admit, I was at a bit of a loss as to what I would actually use it for (I'm not much of a parrot coloured clothing and housewares kind of person), but I bought some anyway.


I decided (very imaginatively) to make her a scarf, so that she has something bright and cheerful to keep her warm through winter, and she gets to have something made from the wool she loved. She doesn't know I've made it and it will be one of her birthday gifts.




Because it's so thick, it really didn't need to be very wide. I have used 3 balls of macaw, and decided to add some pockets for her hands to the ends of each scarf. I selected some ordinary DK yarn in matching colours and worked them in stripes.


When I get chance, I'll write up the very simple pattern for this scarf and post it for anyone who would like to use it, and if this yarn is too bright for you (it is for me!) then the pattern will work just as well in more subtle tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment