Pages

Saturday 15 August 2009

Drum roll please....

da, da, da, da, da, da, daaaaaaaa!


Basket full of stamps, inks and stamp cleaner. There's 2 full baby sets in here, one for a boy and one for a girl. Most of the stamps have never been touched!


Basket full of punches, ribbons, paints, pencils, pens, glues, embossing powders, glitter, embellishments, shimmer dust and more


All hail the Big Shot :)

The big shot and tons and tons of embossing plates and cutting dies. Mine! Yay!
And here they are in all their glory (as promised). My new craft goodies courtesy of the lovely Amanda.

Sorry I didn't get these pics in a post yesterday (bad me), but the truth is, I promised Alex she could make a card for the new baby across road. And we did. We got a bit carried away and made another 12. We're all set now for cards until March next year! (not including halloween and christmas. They get special attention)


Card for our neighbours.


L-R ~ Auntie Amy's (my cousin and Alex's Godmother), friend's baby due December, friend's wedding next month.


L-R ~ Auntie Helen's (Rob's sister), Uncle Sam's (my brother), Nanny's (Mother in law)



L-R ~ Karen's (Dad's partner), Brian's (Mum's partner), and Grandpa's (My Grandad) and we made a second one like this for Grandad (my Dad)

I can't show you 2 of the cards because there maybe nosey visitors (Mum, Stephanie you know I'm talking about you, right?) who spy their own card and ruin the small person's surprise, and we can't have that now can we?

When I do card making with Alexandra, she gets a bit overwhelmed with the amount of "stuff" I have, so we normally start by picking something small like a patterned paper or an embellishment, then I pick a selection of things that would go with it and she chooses what to use. I do the cutting and stamping, she chooses where to put things and does the sticking. (I also make sure she has any words the right way up!) I'm very proud of my crafty little monkey. She loves making things and showing them off, and I love having the time to spend with her. It seems to have a calming effect on her too. (Which, believe me, is a really good thing!)

Alexandra took the gift and cards round to our neighbours this afternoon (with me in tow) complete with Big Sister rosette just as planned which I finished this afternoon. Well I say planned, it kind of evolved as I made it. Nothing was set in stone, as so often happens with me. It jumps straight from vague notion, to completed article, not always with the best results.
I even found time to make this quick gift tag for the prezzy using an embossing plate, the big shot, a heart punch and some blue cord. Look at me go! On a work day none the less.
I've been up to all that, I've cooked dinner, we've had 3 visitors just this afternoon (all seperate), we've had family movie night tonight (Igor) followed by a lovely interpretive dance routine during the credits, it was my turn to wash and put the small person to bed and read a story, now I'm blogging, and I was in work at 6:20 this morning. Just call me wonder mummy. Sleepy wonder mummy who is off to bed. Good night all :)

2 comments:

  1. I sooooo jealous of all that fantastic card making stuff! In fact, I may have to use some when we have our sleepover...I'll bring my cards with me!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so....i was kinda wondering....could we swap dies sometimes? like....postal die swappers?

    ReplyDelete