Pages

Thursday 24 December 2009

Prep & Standing

Well most of the prep's done.

The stockings are hung down the staircase (apart from the small person's which she will hang tonight before bed on her bed post), the small person's tree has been decorated (by her), the house is as clean as it's going to get (which in all fairness isn't too bad. We just have a storage issue), the last few handmade gifts were finsihed last night and I'm really quite pleased with them. I will post photos, for now, here's just one.
This is for my Mother (she hates it when I call her that!) who in recent months has learnt how to crochet from me :) So here's quite a full set of hook sizes in a handmade pouch (fabric donated by potato salad Heather). I can safely blog about this before Christmas Day as I know she has no internet access at the moment. Mr Bogert is fixing her PC.

The neighbours cards have been hand delivered, the food shopping is done, the christmas cards are hung (all over the wall and mixed in with a few of the small person's birthday cards), most of the wrapping is done, just Mr Bogert and the small person's to go, but I really like the wrapping part :)

Yesterday Mr Bogert had his food making fun with the small person. They made chocolate crunchies that we have to leave for Santa every year (crumbled biscuits, milk chocolate melted, raisins and golden syrup all combined and left to set in the fridge), they decorated a gingerbread house using a kit from Ikea, but the small person got very enthusiastic with the pushing on of sweets and we had a major repair job on our hands. The house looks like it's suffering from subsidence, but I'm sure it'll taste just fine.

They also made peppermint bark thanks to this post here on the Long Thread blog, but ours don't look quite as they were inteded. I can vouch for the fact that they taste good though. The small person has just helped me break them up and bag them as stocking filler gifts for everyone from her, and I've used the labels provided by the Long Thread, just with the addition of "Made by Alexandra & Daddy".


Family Wishes are about to head out down the road for Christmas Eve dinner with Mr Bogert's best friend (also Alexandra's Godfather) and partner at our local pub (which conveniently is located at the bottom of the road). No cooking, no washing up. That's definately the way to do it.

The standing part? How I spent my last day at work before the Christmas holiday. Standing around, making up imaginairy jobs, praying that they could say I could go early. And they did.

So, a very Merry Christmas (or happy holidays) to all you wonderful people. Eat much, smile more, and hopefully I'll be back in a couple of days with much to share :D

No comments:

Post a Comment